Jennifer Shepard, PHR
Jennifer Shepard is a Human Resources Consultant with over 17 years of experience working in High Tech, Entertainment, Non-profit, and many other business sectors. Jennifer has designed and managed the HR function for several venture-backed start-ups, focusing on compliance, benefits, staffing, and culture. She is profoundly inspired by the creative energy in the start-up environment and her goal is to respect that spirit with suitable and mindful HR practices.
Jennifer’s qualifications include:
- Human Resources Management: Build HR departments from the ground up, develop and implement policies and procedures, manage staff, provide leadership and consultation to Executive Management, procure and administer HRIS;
- Recruiting: Perform full cycle staffing function, including sourcing and recruitment, oversee employee orientation, enrollment and exit procedures, VISA and immigration matters;
- Organizational Development: Establish and maintain corporate culture, handle change management, org charts, training needs analysis, coordinate staff training;
- Employee Relations: Conflict resolution, employee counseling, labor law compliance, conduct investigations, create employee handbooks;
- Compensation Management: Develop and classify job descriptions, compensation planning, compensation surveys, performance management systems, payroll, FLSA and State Law compliance;
- Benefits Management: Negotiate, communicate and administer benefit plans including health & welfare, FSA, 401(k), leave administration, FMLA compliance, Federal and State leave law compliance, COBRA;
- Global Human Resources Management: Sourcing, hiring, contracts, local laws, benefits, and currencies.